EDIT 8/13/2020 - This was able to be resolved by adding the IP of the camera as a global exception on the Network Protection area.
There is currently a known issues that causes failure to communicate when BitDefender is installed on a PC that is intended to receive IP Video Streams such as RTSP or NDI from a PTZOptics camera.
Symptoms of BitDefender on IP Video
- When you attempt to open an RTSP stream from the camera you are presented with a black image
- When you attempt to open an RTSP stream from the camera the source fails to connect
- When you attempt to open an NDI session from the camera you are presented with a black image
- The web interface continues to operate properly
- The web interface will provide a live preview when MJPEG is used for Stream 2
- Using multicast will usually work but requires a network capable of supporting multicast
- When you attempt make a connection the BitDefender solution shuts down what it has deemed to be a "non-standard" traffic connection
We have spent a good deal of time attempting to shut down pieces of BitDefender to see where the true root of the problem exists but found even with the solution entirely "disabled" the problem persisted.
Currently the only known solution is to fully remove, uninstall, the BitDefender program to resolve the issue.
Alternative Security Solutions reported to work properly...